12 June 2013

Fan fiction, tribute or rip off?

I'm not a fan of 50 Shades of Grey.  To be honest, I've only read a few excerpts and the writing doesn't do it for me.  What does piss me off those is people who slag her off for writing 'fan fiction'. 

Why is it any worse than all those Pride and Prejudice type books that are around nowadays?  There is a glut of books telling the story of minor characters or alternative stories or whatever.

Why is it any different than the retelling of popular classics?

I don't understand how one book can be condemned for being a knock off but others get away with it. 

2 comments:

  1. Fifty Shades of Grey would totes be better if it was Fifty Shades of Grey AND ZOMBIES though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like retellings and fan-fics... I think I have watched all versions of anything Jane Austen :p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. Comments by dickheads may be ridiculed publicly or privately, all others are appreciated and treated with respect.